Please note that this Call for Expressions of Interest has now closed. If you have put in an application, please refer to the timetable below for your reference.
We are pleased to announce a call for applications for our Strengthening the Voluntary Sector programme.
This programme supports effective use of the law and human rights based approaches by the voluntary sector in the United Kingdom. It is a collaboration with the Legal Education Foundation and the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation.
This call is intended for civil society organisations with specific and demonstrable legal expertise in tackling discrimination and disadvantage.
Successful organisations will receive very flexible project funding to tackle an identified issue, with the expectation that the project will use a collaborative approach that roots appropriate legal action in a broad campaign for social change. Grants of up to £100,000 will be available for projects lasting for approximately three years. We expect to award seven grants.
- 5 November 2018: Deadline for expressions of interest at 9.00am
- 14 December 2018: Applicants who have been unsuccessful will be notified and those successful in proceeding to second stage will receive application guidelines
- 1 February 2019: Deadline for second stage applications
- 11 March 2019: Applications considered by grants committee
- 14 March 2019: Applicants notified